Thursday, January 31, 2008

False Advertising???

Have you seen the advertising for comcast saying they want me to call my state representative and ask them to make AT&T play by the rules and offer cable service to everyone? Tonight I had an interesting run in with Comcast.

It's Thursday evening, I settle in with my life partner to enjoy one of the thousands of videos that their advertising says they provide at any given moment. As I enter the Comcast "On Demand" gateway, I get an error screen that advises me to call "Customer Service" at some 227-xxxx number. Far be it from me to not follow directions, so I call the number. A customer service representative answers the phone. I advise her of the issue. She pipes back that I should wait 15 to 20 minutes and then she advises me that they are adjusting the "On Demand" system to better serve me. I asked her if they were going to adjust my bill until they have the system fixed. A cute giggle emitted from my phone and then she advised me that "On-Demand" is a complimentary service. My partner then advised her that compliments are things you say nice about people that make them feel better... we do not feel any better. She simply reiterated her stance on the "it's free so don't complain" so... here's my question.

If it's a free service then why do they position it as a feature? As far as I am concerned, it's a nice ill-executed idea. Perhaps I should go to Satellite. At least I'll know what to expect. Shame on Comcast... or shall I say ComCrap.

No comments: